Saturday, August 19, 2006

8/18/2006 - My Last Day

Today was my last day of work. It was really bitter sweet. I am so glad to be able to stay home, but I know when Monday morning comes it will feel really weird not to go to work. Of course I have been reminding everyone for about 2 months that today is the day so when there was no talk of lunch or a cake I was really disappointed. I really thought coming in today that no one cared I was leaving. They got me good. Not only was there cake, but there was lunch with the share holders, gifts and cards. If you can't make out the cake, it says, "We should have given this to Jason, Congratulations Christine." My office took up a collection and the company matched it. I got a $50 gift certificate to a spa, a second base to the infant car seat, an Eddie Bauer car seat for up to 100 lbs. and Jason got a baby seat for the back of his bicycle. He is super pumped. He already wants to know when he can start using it. I had a doctor's appointment today as well. He said I was still pregnant - that my cervix has thinned a little, but was not dilated. He guessed that Jackson was about 7.5 - 8 lbs. We had "retirement dinner" at my Aunt Punk's house with mom, Dean, Omah & Opah. Punk made shrimp & my favorite potatoes. Mom made a chocolate cake. I think I am caked out. This was the 4th in 2 days. Thank you everyone! Of course, Mr. Wonderful strikes again. Jason got me a dozen pink roses for my last day, and a card describing my duties as a full time employee of Fealy Enterprise. I think I am up for the challenge!

No comments: